The free to play Clash Royale esque MapleStory game MapleStory Blitz launched its first content update this week which introduced 36 new Zakum themed cards, a new dungeon, balance changes, and more. MapleStory Blitz is basically a 3 lane Clash Royale / Southpark: Phone Destroyer esque game based on Nexon’s popular MapleStory franchise.
Full list of changes:
- Devastating Original Cards – Combine 36 unique cards found in Zakum’s Altar card pack with all the original cards;
- Challenging New Dungeon – Join players around the globe and explore the perilous Zakum’s Altar dungeon;
- Ranked Mode Enhancements – Ranked Match Season durations have been shortened from one month to two weeks;
- Formidable PvE Battles – The PvE auto-battle feature allows players to seamlessly jump into PvE combat;
- PvE/PvP Battle Guide – A helpful battle guide has been added to recommend which cards to use in specific battle situations;
- Balance Adjustments – Players will notice additional balance adjustments for existing monster and skill cards;
- Unique Events and Quests – Celebrate the update with several new events and quests.
Nexon has been trying to release a mobile hit in the West for some time now. MapleStory M seems to be the most comprehensive mobile MapleStory title thus far though in my opinion. Too bad it has the same auto-play systems found in most other mobile MMORPGs.